What we do
Our mission is to influence partnerships that have a positive impact on the university community through training, education, facilitation, policy/procedure development, and one-on-one consultations. We accomplish our mission by:
- Working to increase employee morale.
- Encouraging fair employment practices.
- Revising, managing, and implementing policies and procedures that are fair and accurate to all employees.
The vision of Employee Relations is to be the clearing house for all personnel policies, procedures, and disciplinary actions at Georgia State University.
The Employee Relations Office has developed a performance management system to manage the employees’ performance and well-being by utilizing strategies designed to conform with the university’s strategic plan. We believe that the application of positive reinforcement in the workplace is a key element of performance management. Additional Information: Performance Evaluations 2015
Positive Reinforcement Elements
- Employee Engagement and Professional Development
Employee Relations Forms
We offer various training courses. Please contact us if you are interested.
- Making the most of Performance Evaluations
- Employees’ Rights and Responsibilities: The Policies and Procedures of Georgia State
- Performance Management and the Progressive Discipline
- The Grievance and the Complaint: What’s the Difference?
1 Park Place, Ste. 527 | Atlanta, GA 30302
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act USERRA
USERRA stands for the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act and it provides enhanced leave rights and job protection for employees absent for military duty. It applies to all employers regardless of size and covers all branches of the military, the reserves of the branches as well as the Air National Guards. The act covers voluntary and involuntary active duty, active duty for training, initial active duty for training, inactive duty training, and full-time National Guard duty. If you have questions concerning USERRA please contact Employee Relations at 404-413-3356.